The latest release of the FDroid Repository Client, version 0.17, is now available. You can get it from the repository page or, if you already have an earlier version installed, just update.
The main changes since the previous version are:
- Search – this has started to become an essential feature as the repository grows. Use the Search option on the menu on the main screen to search for applications.
- The Updates tab now shows the number of updates available on the tab itself.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
- A warning if you attempt to install an application with a different signature to the version you already have installed. (This will be explained fully in an upcoming post about signatures).
- Settings, disabled by default, to allow the client to show applications with various types of ‘antifeatures’ – for example, applications that include adverts. There are no such applications in the repository currently, but this would allow us, or someone else, to include them in a repository later, while still allowing you to opt in to seeing them.
- New languages – French and Swedish. As the application is developing rapidly, the translations may lag behind on new features for a while. If you want to help translate into your language, see here.
If you have problems or feature requests, talk to the issue tracker or visit #fdroid on FreeNode.