ONLY HARDWARE buttons can be remapped.
There is NO GUARANTEE any of these buttons will work and this app isn't
designed to control games. Your device's OEM/vendor can prevent them from being
* Volume buttons.
* Navigation buttons.
* Bluetooth/wired keyboards and mice connected to your device.
* Buttons on other connected devices should also work.
You can combine multiple keys to form a "trigger" and have as many triggers as
you want for each action. You can make a key map only work on a long press as
well and to vibrate as well.
'''What can’t be remapped?'''
* Pixel Active Edge
* OnePlus Alert Slider
* Power button
* Bixby button
Your key maps don't work if the screen is OFF.
'''What can I remap my keys to do?'''
Some actions will only work on rooted devices and specific Android versions.
* Open an app
* Open an app shortcut. This feature is very useful since you can tell another
app to do something Key Mapper can’t. E.g If your launcher has a shortcut to
open the app drawer, you can select that shortcut in this app and make any
button open the app drawer.
* Go back
* Go home
* Open recents
* Open menu
* Expand notification drawer
* Expand quick settings
* Collapse status bar
* Toggle/enable/disable WiFi
* Toggle/enable/disable Bluetooth
* Toggle/enable/disable mobile data (ROOT only)
* Toggle Play/pause media
* Pause/play media
* Fast forward/rewind
* Next/previous track
* Volume up/down
* Increase/decrease a specific volume stream
* Show the volume dialog
* Cycle through and change the ringer mode
* Mute/unmute/toggle mute (Android 6.0+)
* Toggle/enable/disable auto-rotate
* Switch between portrait and landscape mode
* Force portrait/landscape mode
* Toggle/enable/disable auto-brightness
* Increase/decrease brightness
* Toggle/enable/disable flashlight (Android 6.0+)
* Take a screenshot (Android 9.0+)
* Open the Google Assistant
* Open camera
* Consume key event. (Do nothing)
* Lock the device
* Move the cursor to the end of a file
* Toggle, show and hide the keyboard
* Show the keyboard picker (ROOT only for Android 8.1+)
The Key Mapper keyboard needs to be selected for these to work and you can’t
use a soft keyboard at the same time:
* Input a specific keycode
* Input a key
* Insert a block of text
More will be added. If you have any ideas, leave a comment or email the
'''What other things can the app do?'''
* Option to show a persistent notification which can pause/resume your keymaps.
It can also open the accessibility settings on the device to enable/disable the
service. Rooted devices can start/stop the accessibility service without going
into settings and just tap the notification.
* Automatically change the keyboard to the Key Mapper one and/or show the
keyboard picker when a chosen Bluetooth device is connected and switch back to
the old one when it is disconnected.
You don't have to grant all the permissions for the app to work. The app will
tell you if a permission needs to be granted for a feature to work.
* Accessibility Service: Basic requirement for remapping to work. It is needed
so the app can listen to and block keyevents.
* Device Admin: To turn the screen off when using the action to turn off the
* Modify System Settings: To change the brightness and rotation settings
* Camera: To control the flashlight
On some devices, enabling the accessibility service will disable "enhanced data
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 4.4 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
pair with Bluetooth devicesAllows the app to view the configuration of the Bluetooth on the phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
access Bluetooth settingsAllows the app to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
view Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
connect and disconnect from Wi-FiAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
expand/collapse status barAllows the app to expand or collapse the status bar.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
take pictures and videosThis app can take pictures and record videos using the camera at any time.
control vibrationAllows the app to control the vibrator.
access Do Not DisturbAllows the app to read and write Do Not Disturb configuration.
read phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
modify system settingsAllows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.